Re: Language documentation

   Seriously, though, that was not the point under discussion.

   Kevin wants to use a programming language for a specific purpose:
   munging text files.

No. I read his message as using file i/o and strings as typical
examples of what progreammers want to do and yet are not handled well or
left to the libraries or covered in obscure places in documentation w/
current languages.

You responded as though it were the entire thrust of his message and
responded in a manner that did not encourage further debate or
elaboration. Your loss.

>Is there a lesson to be learned from Kevin?
>Not much from Kevin himself.

See what I mean? Why do you think Kevin (or others) should ever engage
in a technical conversation with you after statements like that?