Re: Y Store now C++

Dorai Sitaram <ds26@gte.com> writes:

> The two reasons I have heard consistently offered by Lisp2 partisans
> are
>
> (a) they want to use "natural" variable names like `list' (although
> the unavailability of `t' seems OK) without worrying that it will
> clash with function names, and

the unavailability of `t' is not really a generic Lisp2 issue, but a
specific Common Lisp artefact.  a new Lisp2 would do well to introduce
something like #t instead, I guess.

> (b) defmacro-based macros (allegedly) risk no or fewer
> variable-capture problems.

the package system also helps here.

--
It is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe.  It is equally vain to
try to do it with ten blunt axes instead.