RE: Industry versus academia

> >just that as a community we could focus some
> >energy on helping companies like Yahoo become more effective tool users.
>
> No. We should focus some energy on putting Yahoo out of business.
>
> If better languages and tools are /truly/ a /business/ advantage, then
> free market competition will eliminate the business that ignore them.

Languages and tools are /A SINGLE/ business advantage (1 company gene),
free market competition acts on businesses as a whole (every company
gene). A company will not necesarily be eliminated simply because it does
not make good language/tool decisions.

Yahoo does do some stuff well, I'm a big fan of there email.

Eli