Re: Y Store /Closures

   > Avi: You've gone from "cannot be done" to "cannot be done in as many
   > lines of code". I won't take that bait, Sorry.

   Recently on this list it was observed that shorter projects have less
   chance to be canned.  In many real business situations, if it can't be
   implemented quickly, then it can't be implemented at all.

I don't agree w/ that kind of generalization. Project size, capital,
ROI, investors -- lots of dimensions, lots of optimal solutions
possible. And if you are truly focussed on time alone as the
dimension, then you have to leverage other people's code.. and use
solutions that don't involve "serial statements in conventional
programming languages w/ or w/out continuations". Some people (young
ones who don't have RSI fear esp.) might hack HTML by hand -- I'm not
one of them.

Also it is a stupid mistake to extrapolate to 100% what is really 5%
and then focussing/making-decisions-based on that. A Honda engineer
taught me that in the early 80's -- he had this interesting graph
comparing the $$ spent by major auto manufacturers on CAD tools and
such (focussed on design), and where he was spending his money (like
automating inventory, QFD and JIT manufacturing). Of course I
disagreed (I was young at the time), and learnt a painful business
lesson :)

O' well.