Re: Aspect Oriented Programming in context of lightweight languages.

Matthew Estes wrote:
> 	I've been reading on Aspect Oriented Programming for a while, and I
> was having a hard time getting my head around it. On the surface, it
> seems useful to me, but it seems everyone loves the "adding logging to
> an application example", and other problems solved by it aren't just
> busting out of my head.

Does anyone else feel that aspects are a design pattern being marketed
as a new paradigm? Why has it gotten so much more attention than (IMO)
more important developments like prototypes? Is it a case of folks
saying "I don't get it, so it must be really clever"? :-)

Cheers,
Steve
Io, a small language: http://www.iolanguage.com/