RE: A plea for a new old language

> Right, but for people to understand CPS, they must understand
> continuations. That was the point--most folks, right or wrong (OK,
> wrong, but still), understand continuations as this nebulous, scary
> thing.

SML/NJ has continuations at the programmer level (and not CPS
internally, these days).  Surely SML is less intimidating
than Scheme :-)

I don't understand why programmers should be frightened
of continuations.  Even C has longjmp(), which invokes an
escape continuation.  Full continuations are just longjmp()
without its limitations.

-- Paul