Re: PG: Hackers and Painters

FWIW, the early Scheme interpreters were the result
of pair programming (Sussman and I working together,
and often trading places at the keyboard).  The early
Scheme papers were the result of pair writing, where
if a paragraph wasn't flowing smoothly from one guy's
fingers then the other would jump in with a reformulated
sentence.

And the first TECO macro to pretty-print Lisp code
for EMACS (including making decisions about line breaks,
not just how much to indent each line) was the result of
a ten-hour pair-programming session with me at the
keyboard and Stallman at my right elbow.

--Guy