Re: another take on hackers and painters

I am lowly perl minion and this is a question better addressed by the
gods, however:

Perl has source filters.  This is a special kind of filter that
modifies the source after it is loaded into memory and before it
reaches the parser.  One can do whatever translation one wishes
provided the translation results in correct perl code.

So modules such as the following exist:

use Filter::cpp;
#define FOO 1
#ifdef FOO
print "fooing";
#else
print "baring";
#endif

or

use Rot13;
cevag "uryyb serq\a" ;

A source filter that provides a scheme like syntax for perl would be
straightforward if one does not in fact exist already.

/jas