Re: another take on hackers and painters

>>: On Tuesday - May 20, 2003, at 08:21 PM
>: Steve Dekorte - May 20, 2003 at 08:31:56PM -0700

>> Without reflection or something to replace it,
>> you can't achieve the same result.
>
> Sure you can. Just have your "new and improved" compiler retain the
> mate info.
>
>> For example, take C: no matter how fancy an interpreter you embed in
>> a C program, it's not going to be able to do anything with C structs
>> for which it doesn't have source code or other meta-information.
>
> Right, but what's to keep us from using our interpreter on the whole
> program?

Intellectual Property, past, present and future.

See also my article "Metaprogramming and Free Availability of Sources"
	http://fare.tunes.org/articles/ll99/index.en.html

You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers.
You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -- Naguib Mahfouz