[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Questions for a language designer
On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 12:49 PM, Scott McKay wrote:
> - Do you want a first-class object system? Should it
> extend all the way to the primitive types, or do you
> want to special-case those like Java?
To I'd add:
- do you want a class-based or prototype-based object model?
- If the later, do you want a differential prototype-based model?
These are the questions I'd ask:
- Are you in the OOP or non-OOP camp?
- Are you in the static or dynamic typing camp?
- How important is flexibility? How about speed?
"Statically typed languages are like American sports cars.
They go fast, but only in a straight line"