Re: Questions for a language designer

Stéphane Payrard said:

> If you are interested, I have a related post on perlmonks:
>   http://perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=261701

I was interested to see this statement in your post.
It was news to me:

"At last, with Perl6, we will have macros in the sense of Lisp
not in the sense of C."

One thing that immediately comes to mind in reading your post
is Lojban, which has as one of its stated goals to be a human
language that computers can understand.  However, the is
the obvious obstacle of needing to learn Lojban.

And returning to the questions for the would-be language
designer, I would like to ask "What is this language going
to look like?"  What is it going to look like?  We already have
a couple of families:  ones that look like C, like Lisp, like ML, etc.

--
Kevin Kelleher <kkell@znet.com>