RE: What's so cool about Scheme?

   Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 20:36:14 -0400
   To: "Anton van Straaten" <anton@appsolutions.com>
   From: Mike Newhall <mike@newhall.net>
   Subject: RE: What's so cool about Scheme?
   Cc: <ll1-discuss@ai.mit.edu>

   At 08:23 PM 2003.06.03 -0400, Anton van Straaten wrote:
   >Mike Newhall wrote:
   >I can sort of agree with that, but really, without closures, people will -
   >and do - use all sorts of hacks anyway - objects, for example ;o)

   	As an aside, although I don't remember the exact argument, Christian
   Queinnec in LISP In Small Pieces made the case that, although many people
   consider objects to be 'poor man's closures', closures are in fact poor
   man's objects (in his opinion).

A closure is an object that supports exactly one method: "apply".

--Guy