Re: What's so cool about Scheme?

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 08:36 PM, Trevis Rothwell wrote:
>  - Essentials of Programming Languages, by Dan Friedman & friends
> ... it's really more about programming languages than Scheme.

I got this book based on a similar recommendation from a friend. IMO,
it's a book about how to implement a Scheme in Scheme. About 20 of the
500+ pages are about OO and basically just show how to emulate them
with case statements in Scheme. Btw, anyone know of any good books
about implementing OO languages in C?

Cheers,
Steve
Io, a small language: http://www.iolanguage.com/