RE: Erlang challenge

Steve Dekorte wrote:
> If it's compiling to C, I wouldn't consider it a scripting language.

It's the same language, though - same syntax and semantics.  But you're
right, Scheme is much more than a scripting language, whether it's
interpreted or compiled, through C or otherwise.

> Btw, does Evaling a string at runtime involve a C compiler being
> spawned?

If that's what you want, sure.  Gambit, for example, has the usual 'eval'
function which interprets code at runtime, but it also has a 'compile-file'
function which will compile a source file, through C, to an object file.
The resulting object file can be dynamically loaded at runtime, on platforms
which support dynamic loading.

Anton