Are any Interlisp-D machine docs online?

> I think the old Interlisp-D machines had a good compromise on this.  There
> was an image (a "SYSOUT") model but, at any time, you could run the
> command:
>
> (MAKEFILES)
>
> and it would prompt you for where to put functions, variables, etc.
> (i.e. which
> files to put them in...).  It would then pretty print all the elements out
> to the specified files (even dealing with circular references via the
> "HORRIBLEVARS"
> section :-).
>
> The two systems worked quite well together.  You'd work in your image,
> saving a SYSOUT every now and then and when you reached some kind of
> stopping
> point you'd run MAKEFILES.
>
> BTW:  It also used a syntax tree editor.  DEDIT (later replaced by SEDIT
> which
> I never got around to using much) had you manipulate list structure with
> the mouse.  I liked it a lot.
>
> This was all 15-20 years ago now.  It's nice to see that we've come so
> far :-)
>
> --Jerry

Are there any manuals or collections of screen shots from the Interlisp-d machines and their development environment that have been scanned in and mounted on the web?

Even better would be to find a legally sanctioned emulator that doesn't require hunting down physical memory units from the original hardware.

In any case, I'd like to learn more about this vintage technology and have only seen tantalizing tid bits in contemporary Literature!

Warmest Regards,

Peter

Peter J. Wasilko, Esq.
     J.D., LL.M.

Executive Director, The Institute for End User Computing, Inc.

Visit us on the web at: http://www.ieuc.org

Its time to abandon brittle architectures with poorly factored
interfaces, gratuitous complexity, and kludged designs dominated
by sacrifices on the altar of backwards compatibility.

Such artifacts are vulnerable to cyber-attack, weigh down the
economy costing trillions of dollars in lost productivity, and
suffer from an impoverished conceptual model that lacks the
integration and elegance needed to empower end users to
get the most from advanced applications in the future.

The Institute for End User Computing --- Pursuing Secure, Simple,
   Supple, & Sophisticated Systems to Unlock Our Human Potential

* The Institute is incorporated under New York State's
   Not-For-Profit Corporation Law