RE: LFM + LFSP = LFE?

Mike Vanier wrote:
> >   Steele, Guy L., Jr. and Gabriel, Richard P.  "The Evolution of Lisp."
> >   In Bergin, Thomas J., Jr. and Gibson, Richard G., Jr. (eds.),
> >   History of Programming Languages, ACM Press, New York, 1996, 233-330.
>
> This was *exactly* the article I had in mind when I mentioned this topic.
> Thanks for posting it.  Great article BTW -- can you post a link?

Not sure if the version cited above is any different than the one published
in ACM SIGPLAN Notices, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 231-270, March 1993 (History of
Programming Languages Conference (HOPL-II), Preprints):

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/steele93evolution.html

This version does contain the text which Guy quoted.

Anton