Re: s-exprs + prototypes

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 08:44 PM, Anton van Straaten wrote:

>> A preference that could just be due to my greater time with OOP
>> instead
>> of FP.
>
> I think this preference comes entirely from OOP.  I also think it's
> worth
> unlearning (I'm glad I did).  It's definitely not something to cling
> to if
> you want to get into FP, but of course it can make sense for the kind
> of
> language you're proposing.

Maybe I should have said "due to my greater time with OOP syntax
instead of FP syntax".
Because you can easily do FP in a Smalltalk-like language. I do: [it
all the time].

--
--- james mccartney   james@audiosynth.com   <http://www.audiosynth.com>
SuperCollider - a real time audio synthesis programming language for