Re: CPS in Parrot (was: A plea for a new old language)

[Dan Sugalski <dan@sidhe.org>]
> At 9:46 AM -0400 8/5/03, Vadim Nasardinov wrote:
> >In the interest of bringing some closure to this thread, let me
> >juxtapose these two quotes:
>
> Yup. Everyone can feel free to gloat about that a bit. Even better,
> in "Perl 6 Essentials", the book I co-wrote with Allison Randal and
> Leo Toetsch, there's a section describing continuations that closes
> with something like "and they'd be really useful as a control
> mechanism, but we've decided to not do that". I am going to be living
> that one down for an awfully long time. I think I'll manage, given
> the win. :)
>
> Probably the important bit in that final quote is "(I'm convinced at
> this point that all of the fear people have about continuations is a
> direct result of how they're taught and what's associated with them,
> though that's a rant for another
> day.)" Which I believe, and am quite willing to stand by.

Now that you have a bit more implementation under your belt, would you
care to comment on how this is going? Are developers generally
troubled by the concept or the technique, or have continuations gotten
a pretty good reception?

Or is it still too early to tell (I'm not sure where the Parrot
project is actually at)?

Matt

--
Matt Hellige                  matt@immute.net