good pictures vs. good stories (was: Re: CPS in Parrot)

Vadim Nasardinov wrote:

>		Now, what on earth is k3?  At this point, I have this
> little voice in my head that tells me I would be better off, if I
> tried to visualize the tree of activation frames instead of trying to
> think about this symbolically, as Paul Graham advises.
>
> I suppose I should really find the time to read The Seasoned Schemer.

You wouldn't be particularly better off with activation frames,
either.  It *really* is time for you to hit the Seasoned Schemer. (-:

Shriram

PS: For warmup, try Mondo Bizarro, a standard midterm/homework problem
(courtesy Dan Friedman):

  (define mondo-bizarro
    (lambda (x)
      (display 'one)
      (newline)
      (call/cc (lambda (k) (x k)))
      (display 'two)
      (newline)
      (call/cc (lambda (k) (x k)))
      (display 'three)
      (newline)))

The problem is to determine what will get printed when you run

  (mondo-bizarro (call/cc (lambda (x) x)))