Re: CPS in Parrot

>>>>> "Anton" == Anton van Straaten <anton@appsolutions.com> writes:

Anton> Presumably this paper is related:
Anton> http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/draves91using.html
Anton> "Using Continuations to Implement Thread Management and Communication in
Anton> Operating Systems"

Not, though, that, from a PL perspective, this paper has the
terminology exactly backwards.  (There isn't a way I know to implement
a general thread system *without* continuations.)  This paper would be
more aptly titled:

"*Avoiding* Continuations in the Implementation of Thread Management and
Communication in Operating Systems"

When I read it originally, it took me ages to figure out why I'm just
not getting it.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike