Re: Squeak and PLT Scheme

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 03:09 PM, Peter J. Wasilko, Esq. wrote:

>     It seems that Squeak and PLT Scheme are the most exciting and
> innovative readily accessible alternative language environments being
> supported today.
>
>     Has anyone considered embedding PLT Scheme inside of Squeak so
> Scheme could be used to drive Squeak objects and Squeak objects could
> invoke Scheme code from their methods and hold Scheme data structures
> in
> their class and instance variables?

Well, Alexandre Bergel has done some work on a Scheme interpreter for
Squeak. It's more of a proof-of-concept than anything else at this
point. It might be a starting point for something more ambitious though:

http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~bergel/Scheme/

I suspect the number of people interested in interoperating between
Smalltalk and Scheme would approach zero, however.

Colin