Re: Squeak and PLT Scheme

You should clearly distinguish between two project ideas:

1) implementing scheme within squeak

2) implementing PLT scheme within squeak

PLT scheme is a big system.  To implement all of this on top of squeak seems
absurd to me, kind of like grafting an elephant onto a giraffe.  What
aspects of PLT scheme do you want?  The PLT dialect(s) of scheme?  That might
be doable.  The specific GUI of PLT scheme?  Why would you want that when
you've got the squeak GUI?  Or maybe you want DrScheme within squeak?

If you just want a scheme-within-squeak, I agree, it's a neat idea.

Mike