Re: Vectors as functions

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Vanier <mvanier@cs.caltech.edu> writes:

Michael>    [Aside: I still don't understand why scheme has set! as a primitive
Michael>     special form instead of as a function whose first argument is a symbol.
Michael>     Ideally you'd have both, of course, but the latter seems more primitive
Michael>     to me.  IIRC the very first version of scheme had "set" as a function.]

I guess the explanation for Lisp hackers would be:  in Scheme, symbols
aren't names.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike