Re: syntax trouble (was Re: bindings and assignments)

Michael Vanier wrote:

>Maybe what I'm really saying is that I don't understand why people have
>such a hard time with different syntaxes ;-)
>
>Mike

       I think it's simply if you're going to work in a language the
thought of all those millions of (supposedly) extra keystrokes you'll
have to type over time (COBOL, anyone?).  Of course the prospective
programmer's thought doesn't take into account the idea that your
programs might actually be shorter overall... :-)