Re: bindings and assignments (was: Re: continuations)

(I'm coming into this discussion late, so I hope I don't say something
totally irrelevant.)

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 03:26  PM, Zooko wrote:
> Yes!  Java broke C++'s monopoly, and now C# is breaking Java's, and
> this
> sequence of broken monopolies dispelled the belief that have to use
> "the
> standard language", and now I code in Python for a living.

This reminds me of the Hegelian notion of the dialectic -- thesis,
antithesis, and synthesis.  I guess that makes C++ the thesis, Java the
antithesis, and C# the synthesis.  But Hegelian dialectic is an
iterative, ongoing process, so I guess the ultimate thesis, and the end
of the history of programming languages, will be Lisp.

Aaron