Re: The Accessibility of Type Theory Research

On 2003-11-19T22:49:03-0500, Peter J. Wasilko wrote:
> But more to the point, if a significant fraction of the language
> designers on this list have a hard time penetrating the language of
> papers that deal with the tradeoffs among alternate typing schemes and
> annotation styles, how can we expect language implementors to make
> effective use of this research or for average programmers to make
> effective use of tools that embody it?

The obvious answer that you seem to lead up is "by teaching them" (or
dually, "by their learning").  Regardless of whether you intended to
lead up to this answer, I would completely agree with it. (:

	Ken

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
http://www.thismodernworld.com/