Re: dynamic vs. static typing

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Michael Vanier wrote:

> This reminds me of the interface concept in
> java, which has proven to be amazingly useful in that language.  Have any
> dynamic typing enthusiasts thought of adding such a feature to their
> languages?

I'll throw the obligatory "Parrot does that" comment in here. While it's
not perfect, checking that objects express interfaces rather than
individual methods is less error-prone at runtime in complex systems,
you're less likely to have multiple interfaces with the same name but
different functions than you will multiple methods with the sane name but
different functions in different classes.

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk