RE: Typing and semantics [dynamic vs. static typing]

On Wednesday, December 17, 2003 4:05 PM, John Clements
[SMTP:clements@brinckerhoff.org] wrote:

> No one seems to be refuting the point that a difference between ML
and
> Haskell is the inability to formulate a reduction semantics that
> ignores the type proof.

Well, no, I guess nobody's refuting that point.

I'm having a little trouble imagining what sort of semantics that
ignores the type proof you *could* give to ad hoc polymorphism.

Another (or is it the same?) difference between ML and Haskell is that
Haskell allows overloading via typeclasses.

-- Kevin