[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Functional Objects Site

Andrew Shalit wrote:

> I wasn't part of the team that chose the new name, but I think it's great, is
much
> less confusing, and will have a good business appeal.

But Dylan isn't just functional, it has OODLs of other features. And
"functional" isn't exactly flavour of the month with businesses.
"Functional Developer" is a strong name, I just don't believe that it's a strong
selling one. Object would be stronger (COM stronger still. :-( ).

> Plus, it doesn't have the trademark encumberances that "Dylan" has.

This is a very good point. :-)

> Signed copies of the DRM could certainly be arranged. ;-)

Eek! I'm turning into a Dylan groupie! :-)

- Rob.