[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HARLEQUIN DYLAN and C FFI

        I am a current Harlequin customer, and I am happy with the language,
but I can not seem to find help or references on how to use it with other
languages (examples like DX), maybe this is easy and I am just missing it. I
purchased Dylan hoping that I could do my higher level logic code in it,
layered on top of existing graphics and multimedia frameworks (DX, OpenGL,
FMOD etc. that are all written in C/C++). The current Dylan Team seems to
have gone into the ivory tower, sorry but I feel like I am one of six users
of this language, and I am a language NEWBIE I do not have a degree in CS, I
have a degree in Physics. :) I mean do you need to become an expert in C++
and COM in order to use them from within Dylan? I am using Dylan because I
did not want to use C++, or learn it :)

Thanks to Chris for his help !

Shawn

phXineXly-0302000846210001@usrns47.dialup.hawaii.edu">news:phXineXly-0302000846210001@usrns47.dialup.hawaii.edu...

<bpr@shell5.ba.best.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >     I was under the impression that Harlequin Dylan was no more and
that
> > > the rights were sold to Functional Objects, Inc. Could you expand on
your
> > > statement a little? The Dylan situation is confusing (as well as
tragic
> > > :-() and since the FO web site isn't very informative it isn't
surprising
> > > that people suspect the worst.
> >
> > What I meant was that Fun-O is now supporting what used to be Harlequin
Dylan