[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dylan Projects

I've been having some discussions about technical recruiting with my boss.
He's looking for ways to attract really top-flight developers to our region
(we're in Columbus, OH).   I suggested that one way to do this would be to
promise people that a certain percentage of time could be devoted to
projects in a language that has advanced features but marginal commercial
viability.  He seemed quite receptive to the idea, and I'm wondering what
folks on comp.lang.dylan think about this.  Would you relocate to work for a
company that promised you that, say, 20% of your time would be devoted to
Dylan projects, or projects in some other language that you love but have
trouble finding well-paid work in?  The rest of the time would probably be
spent writing Java, doing high-level, language neutral design, or whatever
else that's profitable and you're good at.

It's not that we're cheap; our salaries our quite competitive with other
consulting firms in our market (most of our customers are Fortune 500 firms
or governments).  It's just that finding really talented people in this part
of the country is always a challenge.