[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan listener

"Vladimir Yanovsky" <volodyan@cs.technion.ac.is> writes:

> Does anybody know how can I run a listener in FD 2 beta 3 enhanced?

One way is to run Dylan Playground and type the commands in the
interactor.

> Dylan playground was also unable to compute '2+2;'

What was the result that it gave? Was it an error or 'No values'. If
the latter it may be because you used no spaces between the
numbers. Try '2 + 2;'.

> Documentation says one should run console-dylan.exe located in bin
> directory, but it was not there.

It looks like it is now fdce.exe. Try this in the
examples\console\hellow-world directory (Type each line at the
prompts, starting with the DOS prompt):

  fdce
  open hello-world.hdp
  build
  interact
  2 + 2;
   =>  $0 = 4    (displayed by Dylan)
  :quit    (to exit)

The same commands should work from Tools/Command Line in the
GUI. There is also a fdbc.exe which is a command line compiler that
gives some interesting statistics during the compilation process.

Generally I believe you need to be interacting with a project to be
able to evaluate Dylan expressions. I usually create a project which
uses the libraries and modules I want to play with (like COM and
OLE-AUTOMATION for example) and then interact that project.

Hope that helps,
Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan