[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan Newbie just wanting to say hi.

In article <8aqslt$7ja$1@hammer.msfc.nasa.gov>, "Andrew McDowell"
<drew.mcdowell@msfc.nasa.gov> wrote:

> > Things are picking up again with the build up to FD 2.0, activity on the
> > Gwydion front and the recent increase in traffic on this list. You can
> > help  make some noise: any learning/applying Dylan questions you have
> > just ask away.
>
> So how do we help on the programming front?

Welcome!

Well, I guess either:

- get hired by Functional Objects

or

- download Gwydion Dylan, join the mailing lists (gd-hackers is the one
that gets the traffic), use it, read the code and understand it, and fix
or finish anything that needs fixing or finishing.

Probably the most important thing to get done right now is the automatic
generation of C-FFI's via 'Pidgin'.  Someone was working on it but became
unavailable.  Unfortunately, I think it requires a rather complete
understanding of how the whole kaboodle works, and so might not be a good
first project :-(

>From another recent post:
> I am also looking for a way to contribute back to the free software
> community, and was thinking of trying to help organize the project's
> web-appearance...and possibly (when I feel comfortable) trying to help with
> the code

Well, there is also lots that could be done in the way of documentation,
improving the web site etc.

>....I _do_ have a graduate thesis coming up soon *grin*.

What's the topic?

-- Bruce