[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Browser gadget sugguestions for a DUIM app

Probably the best way to do this would be to import an off-the-shelf
HTML control into DUIM.  I'm afraid I don't know what the availability
of such a control is, tho'.

Note that Deuce -- which you can use as an ordinary user library --
supports styled and colored text, embedded graphics, selection,
scrolling, pop-up menus, etc.  What it *doesn't* support is anything
that reads HTML (or something HTML-like) and then renders it
into Deuce display structures.  This could be done, but it's more
than a day's work!

oodl@my-deja.com wrote in message <8d61pk$1sj$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>I would like to use Functional Developer to develop an application that
>has embedded in its graphical user interface a control (gadget, widget
>or whatever you want to call it) similar to a web browser.  I don't feel
>like writing my own data browser, and I would rather use a pre-existing
>one.
>
>I am looking for some suggestions as to what I can use.  Does anything
>like this exist?  Would it be possible to use it in a DUIM app?  I don't
>know much about Windows programming.
>
>I would like to see support for the following:
>Styled and colored text
>Embedded tables
>Embedded icons
>The ablility to select all text in in the control (like one can do in
>most web browser windows)
>The ablility to scroll the page to a particular bookmark programatically
>The ability to set menu items in pop-up menus corresponding to items in
>the control (I guess these would issue callbacks so my main app could do
>some function based on the menu selection)
>
>The format of the formatting/markup language is not important... html,
>xml, something else, or through an API.

Follow-Ups: References: