[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: C++ integration, again.

"Shawn" <shawn@anarchy-arts.com> writes:

> I looked at the Dx-creator but at the time it did not contain any of
> the features that I needed, mainly 3D.

Yes, dx-creator is 2D only so probably is not what you want.

Thanks for the list. I'll take a look at them and see what can be done
in Dylan. I had a quick look at wildtangent and it appears to be COM
based. I looked at their C++ code template and it uses ATL to create,
call and extend COM objects. This should be no problem to use from
Dylan. I'll download their SDK and see if I can get something going.

I notice in the press release for the FD 2.0 release
(http://www.functionalobjects.com/news/fundev2-release.phtml) that it
says:

  "The company expects to support such diverse strategic programming
  environments as Advanced Website Development, Business-to-Business
  Systems, Embedded Systems and Games Development."

So Functional Objects may have plans in place to support games
development specifically. I think Dylan would make a great games
design language. Jason Trenouth has actively promoted Dylan in some of
the various game development newsgroups in the past too so you're not
the only one with an interest in seeing Dylan used in that area.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan

Follow-Ups: References: