[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Harlequin 1.2 still available?

In article <pag05.47677$dK2.1043863@news20.bellglobal.com>, "Maury
Markowitz" <maury_markowitz@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Bruce Hoult" <bruce@hoult.org> wrote in message
> bruce-2588CC.20251209062000@news.akl.ihug.co.nz">news:bruce-2588CC.20251209062000@news.akl.ihug.co.nz...
> > Yes, I've owned and used several different versions at various times.
> > It worked pretty well, and I loved the concept, but somehow in practise
> > I always preferred Mouser/MacBrowse for browsing around code and making
> > simple changes.
>
>   Hmmm, what's Mouser?  I vaguely remember MacBrowse.

Bowser/Mouser/MacBrowse are all the same program, at various times.  I
think Bo3b Johnson started it, then Mary Boetcher carried it on.

> What did you like about these two?

Just very light-weight and streamlined and fast to use.  I don't think
the actual features such as find definition/find uses/find implementors
were any different than Object Master or Fun-O or CodeWarrior provide,
but it just somehow works faster and slicker.

Hey!  There's an updated verion!  My old copy pretty much died with
MacOS 8.0 or 8.1 or something, but I just found a new version that works
great:

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Tool_Chest/MacApp/Install_Mouser_2.2.13.hqx

-- Bruce