[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Harlequin 1.2 still available?

In article <200006061653.MAA18047@life.ai.mit.edu>, Kim Barrett
<kab@camellia.org> wrote:

> I assume your speed complaints have to do with the development environment.
> Such complaints were well deserved, particularly running on PPC, where the
> initial technology release was running emulated.  The second TR, which was
> ported to a later PPC-native version of MCL, was considerably better, though
> still had a lot of room for improvement.  Recall that the TR was essentially
> pre-alpha.  One of the areas where substantial improvement was needed was
> in the performance of the development environment.

MCL's speed made a big improvement with the introduction of the G3.
It runs ten times faster on a 292 Mhz G3 compared to a
100 Mhz PowerPC 603e. The PowerPC version of the Apple
Dylan IDE runs *very* fast on today's Macs.

--
Rainer Joswig, BU Partner,
ISION Internet AG, Steinhöft 9, 20459 Hamburg, Germany

Follow-Ups: References: