[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need help with Class-Allocated Slots

"Scott McKay" <swm@mediaone.net> writes:

> During the design of Dylan, I proposed that class slots be accessible
> by calling the accessor on the class object itself, but Moon didn't like
> it because it confuses class vs. instance.  I agree with Moon on the
> exact point, but I still think that the semantics of my dumb-ass proposal
> are well enough understood, that it is probably reasonable.

Maybe it's time to resurrect the Dylan Language discussion at

http://www.isr.com/dylan/dylan-language/

I agree that it should be possible to access class slots without
having an instance.

Andreas

--
"C++ is history repeated as tragedy.  Java is history repeated
as farce." -- Scott McKay

Follow-Ups: References: