[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: C# is not Dylan (was: Re: C# : The new language from M$)

* Scott McKay wrote:

> Hey, look, if the only thing that Lispers care about is having
> Lisp syntax, then they are as closed-minded as the C and Java
> communities.  Syntax is trivial.  Get over it.

I kind of agree, but the world doesn't seem to: look at XML.  One of
the great advantages of Lisp syntax, I think, is that it gives you
everything useful that XML does, without the nauseating complexity.
Of course Lisp somehow managed to fail to take advantage of this, so
people are now busy implementing XML interfaces to Lisp, but that's
just the usual Lisp `x, 4 years too late' syndrome.

--tim