[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: C# is not Dylan (was: Re: C# : The new language from M$)

>> That's the first time I've seen someone describe a profusion of
>> parentheses as "clean".

> lisp only looks longwinded and confusing on the surface.

If something looks confusing, it likely is.

> i admit that the boilerplate mishmash of parens, braces and semicolons
> can help a human find their way, e.g., i think C's for (;;){} is
> easier than lisp's (do ()()()).

Yes.  Finally I've met someone in the Lisp camp who recognizes this feature.

> however, C's semi-random assortment
> of statement seperators comes at a very high cost.  look how feeble
> C's macros are compared to lisp.  do not be penny wise and pound
> foolish.

Why is it that when I criticise Lisp's profusion of parentheses, the Lispers
always assume that this is a defense of C/C++?

Look at the newsgroups above.  Point me to where it says "comp.lang.c" or
"comp.lang.c++".

> imho the simple syntax of lisp is a *huge* advantage for lisp.

If unreadability is supposed to be an advantage, I guess I'm all for it.

Follow-Ups: References: