[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: C# is not Dylan (was: Re: C# : The new language from M$)

In article <oLi85.18114$ZI2.543403@news1.rdc1.on.wave.home.com>,
	"Michael T. Richter" <mtr@ottawa.com> writes:
>>> That's the first time I've seen someone describe a profusion of
>>> parentheses as "clean".
>
>> lisp only looks longwinded and confusing on the surface.
>
> If something looks confusing, it likely is.

everything looks confusing to the uninitiated.  mathematical notation
is an excellent example, but after having learned a little bit about
it, most people prefer it over the alternatives.  imo the same applies
to lisp

>> imho the simple syntax of lisp is a *huge* advantage for lisp.
>
> If unreadability is supposed to be an advantage, I guess I'm all for it.

see above

--

Hartmann Schaffer

Follow-Ups: References: