[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: the listener?

On Friday, October 20, 2000, at 09:45 AM, Bruce Hoult wrote:

> In article <200010200744.DAA23309@life.ai.mit.edu>, Aaron Tuller
>
> > I tried downloading MacMarlais but it won't run on my cube, though it
> > looks really cool.
>
> What version do you have?  I have a 0.5d60 which I think may work (I'm
> sticking with 8.6 until X gets here...), and I don't think it got wide
> distribution.

The last build of MacMarlais available on the net dies with MacOS 9 File System errors (MPW has the same problem). I'll haven't tried the sources on X.
MacMindy, available from ftp://berlin.ccc.de/pub/gd/macintosh/ features drag&drop compilation and running of Dylan code. It's not a listener, though. If you have CodeWarrior, Gabor's CodeWarrior Dylan plugin is unbeatable (although still not a listener).

> > the Apple Dylan TR-PPC does work in OS 9 with tons of runtime errors
> > and Lisp errors and exceptions and such, but it's still cool that it
> > runs, though it's not really usable.
>
> Once again, which verion?  I think there were some patches to it that
> improved it a bit.

Yes, the Digitools patches are still available from their FTP servers.

- Rob.