[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Evidence that Functional Objects is real?

dylanwannabee@nodylanhere.com wrote:

> What can I say or do to convince my boss to let me use Dylan?

Have a look at:

http://x74.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=672955307&CONTEXT=973256988.1773666370&hitnum=4
http://x56.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=652045290&CONTEXT=973257027.1519058980&hitnum=1
http://x74.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=614612301&CONTEXT=973257078.1773928521&hitnum=15

For examples of real-world Dylan projects and real-world Dylan benefits.
The speed and fail-safety of Dylan development is particularly impressive.

Have a look at:

http://www.fun-o.com/resources/advantages.phtml
http://www.fun-o.com/resources/benefits.phtml

For white point-by-point Dylan advantages/benefits. Functional Developer
works out of the box with COM, ODBC, networking and anything else you
need for modern Windows development. OpenGL, too, for Dylan games. See
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan/ for more goodies.

> If I can't convince him F.O. is a real company, I have to at least be able to convince
> him that it will be possible for us to hire Dylan programmers in the future.

I've had email contact with several people at Fun-O, they're not just a
guy in a garage. There's an open-source Dylan implementation, too:
Gwydion Dylan (http://www.gwydiondylan.org), and Dylan was taught on a
couple of courses this year.
Dylan is easy to learn, especially so for Lisp or (Object) Pascal
programmers. You'll be able to hire people who can program it, and if
you can't find anyone who knows it, they'll pick it up very quickly as
Bruce says.

> Is there a Dylan job web site with resumes etc.?

Not yet. :-) As with other languages, you can advertise jobs on the
(this) newsgroup and be sure of getting to the community. Separate
postings on comp.lang.functional and comp.lang.lisp might help, but
please don't cross-post.

- Rob.

--
Rob Myers - http://www.robmyers.org/   H2G2 - http://www.h2g2.com/
MacOS wonderfulness for The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy Game.

Follow-Ups: References: