[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Evidence that Functional Objects is real?

My boss won't let me use Dylan because he's under the impression that Dylan
was dumped by Harlequin and picked up by F.O. as a hobby project.  He doesn't
believe F.O. is a real company with venture capital and employees.  He says
the owner is probably a contract programmer who does the F.O. work between
contracts, and probably had his teenager do the F.O. web site.

What can I say or do to convince my boss to let me use Dylan?  If I can't
convince him F.O. is a real company, I have to at least be able to convince
him that it will be possible for us to hire Dylan programmers in the future.
Is there a Dylan job web site with resumes etc.?

By the way, my boss is not just automatically saying no to everything I ask.
He's very reasonable about most things, and always goes out of his way to
make sure I understand the logic behind all of his decisions that affect my
work.  He spent thousands of dollars for new hardware for my convenience just
because I requested it.  It would be easy for me to convince him to let me
use Dylan if I could find something solid to prove it's not just a hobby.

Please post replies.  Thanks.