[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Evidence that Functional Objects is real?

<dylanwannabee@nodylanhere.com> wrote in message
k6s30tso0hg58ti34bsonqfc37a4ssr2bk@4ax.com">news:k6s30tso0hg58ti34bsonqfc37a4ssr2bk@4ax.com...
> My boss won't let me use Dylan because he's under the impression that
Dylan
> was dumped by Harlequin and picked up by F.O. as a hobby project.  He
doesn't
> believe F.O. is a real company with venture capital and employees.  He
says
> the owner is probably a contract programmer who does the F.O. work between
> contracts, and probably had his teenager do the F.O. web site.

  Well I can't say anything about the F.O. case, but if you consider the
many other examples I think you'll find that you're boss's fears are well
grounded.  Ever heard of ProGraph? Your boss appears to be worried that the
language could simply disappear at any moment, ruining a huge investement.
Don't diss him for that.

> What can I say or do to convince my boss to let me use Dylan?

  The real question I'd say is that you'll need to convince yourself that
his fears aren't real or are meaningless. Then you can try the same on him.
Given the history though, I don't think you'll find that easy to do.

Maury

Follow-Ups: References: