[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Newbie surveying the multitudes of Programming Langs...

>Does that unconfuse you at all?  I think the "implicit pointers" analogy
>is easiest if you come from C.

Yeah..  thinking about it like that definitely helps, it just takes a
bit of mental adjustment. Rather than the Variables and their content
being the stuff I'm dealing with, I deal with what the variables point
to.

It seems a matter of ownership.   In C++, the Variable (when it's a
variable and not a reference or pointer), owns it's content.  In Dylan
the Variable or Binder thingy is just a convenient way to access a
value.

GIve me time,  I'll get it down.

Must return to Mindwash procedure to cleanse myself of preconceptions

~Israel~