[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Are there any .NET possibilities/implications for Dylan/Functional Developer?

Barry Margolin <barmar@genuity.net> writes:

> There was a recent thread in comp.lang.lisp about a .NET version of
> Common Lisp.  I didn't read it all, but the concensus seemed to be
> that Lisp's semantics don't map well onto .NET.

David Simmons has developed a language called 'SmallScript' that runs
on .net and his own cross platform system called (something I can't
remember). SmallScript has multi method dispatch and various other
lisp/dylan like features as well as a being smalltalk based.

His own platform system can handle multiple languages as well and he
is aiming for efficiency for fully dynamic languages. And those
languages will apparently run on .net as well (if I understand his
information correctly).

More information at:

http://www.qks.com

He used to have a site with slides and documentation on the system but
I failed to find it. If I do I'll followup.

Chris.