[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Are there any .NET possibilities/implications for Dylan/Functional Developer?

kachina@gte.net (Kachina) writes:

> My thoughts are to have separately loaded modules which can be
> upgraded through the net.  There would be some sort of version
> control in which updated modules would replace obsolete ones
> automatically.

I've played around a little with something like this. I had a program
dynamically loading libraries which it downloaded via http. I kept the
libraries on a webserver. Worked fairly well as long as the DLL's were
small which they tended to be. I used the http-client and
dynamic-library-protocol libraries from dylanlibs to implement it:

  http://dylanlibs.sourceforge.net

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan