[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Are there any .NET possibilities/implications for Dylan/Functional Developer?

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:45:01 -0400 (EDT), kachina@gte.net (Kachina) wrote:

> Well, its good we have a discussion going, I hoped that we collect a
> lot of ideas on what a .Net should be.  Let's try to keep the
> discussion free flowing.

Or you could push the patches instead of pulling them. At least, Fun'Dev's
remote debugging could attach to the server and inject updates. The main
problem with this would be that we didn't find a way of disconnecting the
native debugger bit (at least on windows), but I suppose the application
could be left tethered to a reconnectable-to debugging server like a
hospital patient with an IV. :-j Also there would really need to be a way
of programmatically controlling the IDE to drive the pushed updates. FYA I
thought of this as "Dynamic Zero Administration".

__Jason