[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Are there any .NET possibilities/implications for Dylan/Functional Developer?

Andreas:

Well, yeh, I agree.  That would be a *bad* idea.  That's not what I
meant though.

What I meant was, the apps would be written so that modules can be
ugraded from the server.  The modules would have to been dynamically
swapable.  The app would periodically contact the server via the
internet.  If a particular module has been upgraded, either a bug fix,
or new feature, then the server would send the latest version.  Of
course you can get all kinds of complicated dependencies of one module
on another that the server would have to sort out.

Perhaps I should have been more detailed.

Andreas Bogk <andreas@andreas.org> wrote in message news:<
> .NET on servers is as stupid as Java Bytecode on servers. On a server
> I don't need portable binaries, I need fast, small and efficient
> binaries. That means native.
>
> Andreas

Well, its good we have a discussion going, I hoped that we collect a
lot of ideas on what a .Net should be.  Let's try to keep the
discussion free flowing.

Andreas, I respect everything you've done for the Dylan community.

Thanks,

Les

Follow-Ups: References: